NEA: Double Page Spread Photoshop

I started off by importing a plain white background into the canvas as I wanted to use that colour for the main background of the article, allowing the text and photographs to stand out. I therefore made sure this was placed at the bottom of all the layers.

I then decided to type the artist's name at the top of the page in a bold capitalised font that I could carry on with in my article. I decided to use a different font to the one used in the front cover as I wanted to present my musician as a separate feature and further allow her to create her own bold and unique image. I also inserted my main image of my artist that I separately edited to create the illusion of her being a drawing to further highlight her creative asset that ascends reality. I decided to use the magnetic tool to isolate the artist from the background as I felt having the full image would not allow me to make the artist the focal point of the picture by making her figure take up more space. I also placed the main image on the left side of the double page to resonate the layout of my flatplan.

Including a more detailed stand-first isolated from the rest of the body of text at the top allowed me to set the scene and create an atmosphere for the interview. I did this by describing where the interview was set and what happened before I began the discussion with the artist. I further summarised the article in the last two sentences. I also used a block capital to show where the beginning of the article is as the rest of the article does not have a specific structure to how it should be read.

Looking back at my flatplan I saw that the text overlaps the main image. I decided to incorporate this as my text was too long to fit in the space provided. However because the text wasn't obvious enough to be seen whilst overlapping the image I chose to instead make the text white and highlight the text with a black box, where the layer was placed underneath the text to ensure the words are visible. This would further emphasise the words and give it a more retro look as opposed to having plain text throughout. 

I began writing the body of the text ensuring that I used columns to separate different paragraphs and topics. When writing the article I used capital letters to highlight certain words that related to the artist. It also created an overall abstract look that causes the words to stand out to the reader, giving them an insight into what the article entails.

I then wrote an additional column of the article nearer to the main image, resonating the layout of the flatplan. I also left a space for another image to be inputed in between the columns. 

As in my flatplan I wanted to overlap the text onto the image in order to add some abstract graphics to the body of text. As the text is white I used black rectangles on each individual word to emphasise the text. 

I further used the same technique to highlight the quote within the article that links to the front cover, where the dialogue has been used as a pull quote. The graphics also display the text as being separate from the rest of the article, highlighting the importance of the quote and the artists influence on the readers. 

I included a byline at the top of the page below the masthead in order for the reader to identify the author. Placing it separate from the rest of the article at the top displays clearly that the whole article has been produced by the person displayed. It also shows a clear separation between the name of the author and the main body of text. This further avoids the double page spread from being too crowded. 

I then added two more additional columns to the bottom half of the page making sure to position them so there are areas where I can insert photographs. 

I then added three titles to address three separate sections of the article. All the titles link together as they all concern how fame has impacted the singer's life and how it is a timeline for her career. 
I created the titles by transforming the title 

Comments

Popular Posts