NEA: Magazine Brand Name



SF Theramin Gothic Bold


When deciding on a magazine brand name I wanted to focus on something that was short and snappy, that it could be easily remembered. When looking at other brand names I looked at magazines similar to the genres I was focusing on - UK Rap/R&B/Hip-Hop. Mastheads like 'Clash' and 'Fader' caught my attention more because of their precise letters giving an onomatopoeic sense. These titles also reflect in their simplistic layouts, using a bold, brief name with a lot of free space underneath. Using a simplistic font will allow the font to be carried out through the rest of the cover without the cover being too crowded. 


After some verbal experimentation I came up with the name 'Vade', this was from starting off with the word 'Fade' and then exploring similar sounding names because of the precise syllables. 'Vade' gives off the effect of a futuristic yet straightforward brand. The definition of 'Vade' is to fade, or vanish. This relates to the message of my magazine because I want my readers to be able to vanish from their lifestyle and get lost in my product. They will also be able to fade into the articles of my magazine gaining the feeling of actually talking to and meeting the music artists my product will feature. The masthead also reflects the uniqueness of my magazine telling my audience it something different from the uncommon brand name. 

Comments

Popular Posts